About Me

My photo
Lexington, Kentucky
This is my journal of a mission trip to Kukhany O Kusha Zionist Church in Swaziland, a tiny country in the southern region of the continent of Africa. I first came to know these amazing people and their incredible stories in 2006 on my first visit to Swaziland.

Women With Wood

Women With Wood
This photo is from our 2006 trip. Early one morning we saw these women scavenging for wood, presumably to use for heating and cooking.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Joining the e-age.

I have kept a journal off and on for years, sometimes for a specific purpose, as my last trip to Swaziland, and sometimes for my own amusement. This is my first attempt to go all electronic! I must admit I am a bit unnerved by documenting solely in this fashion. However, two years ago while in Swaziland, I found myself writing in my journal only to replicate my writings at night on the computer in the hotel and e-mailing myself what I had written. This proved to be quite time consuming, but did allow me to share my trip with those who cared to read. That was before I became familiar with blogs. Also, I will have a laptop with me on this trip. I must admit I am a novice at blogging, especially the layout design, and certain technical elements. I suppose I will keep a pad and pen with me at all times along this journey to jot down passing thoughts or skeletonized notes of an encounter or event, but I plan to use this blog as the permanent home for my memoirs. One advantage is the ability to edit and revise for time and reflection sometime bring clarity or a new perspective. So, thank you for reading and I hope we have a sense of traveling together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Brother! Where art thou??? (I'm really sorry about that karma thing rubbing off--but I did warn you.)
Paul

Phoebe said...

How Sweet It Is----hung on every word John. I send you good karma for the remainder of your trip.
Phoebe